There has been a demonstration of love, care, humanistic support and belonging by some individuals, organizations and institutions towards the plight of Ugandan children who are less privileged and whose future is in a state of abeyance and uncertainty due to their Economic and Social background. As thus, some individuals and institutions of a helping hand have affiliated themselves with FOHU to give a meaningful future to the less privileged children.
It is our call to this social and noble responsibility to have Organizations, Individuals and institutions to give support and build the future of the vulnerable children; here in Kisoro Uganda.
The affiliate institution for FOHU is Kisoro Vision Secondary school. FOHU choose this School as its partner because of its high repute and performance exhibited in different educational disciplines. Kisoro Vision S.S is known as a school of tested success in South Western Uganda. It has the institutional attributes which FOHU is desirous to have for its supported children and they include the following:-
- The school has a spacious and cool learning environment with enough and descent classrooms.
- It has well stocked library, computer lab and science laboratory; which support modern learning and teaching for excellent results.
- It was assessed that there is a holistic education and parental enforcement of discipline and self-respect. The school administration also demonstrates a lot of professionalism in their Administration work.
- It is the best school in the region in terms of discipline, academic performance and co-curricular activities.
- A number of other charity organizations have their supported children in this school like, Compassion International, Hope for Orphans and Vulnerable Children (HOVC), Mgahinga Education Trust (MET), (Mgahinga Community Development organization (MCDO), Peace corps Uganda, The Batwa Education Fund, The United Organization for Batwa Development in Uganda (UOBDU), Buntu Christian Community Development Initiative (BUCCODI), Coinonia Street Children Ministries and many others; and thus the school has vast knowledge and ability of taking care of project children.
- There is assured security and safety of children and properties because the school is very well fenced all around.
- There is enough and conducive accommodation for boarding children; girls staying separate from boys.
FOHU believes that having Kisoro Vision School as a partner, provides the best means of uplifting supported children from the state of illiteracy, backwardness and opening their minds against the state of unrealistic Judgment in their decision making; which is a characteristic of the illiterate people.
The Fulcrum and gift of FOHU charity is Mr. Gordon Ken Worthy of Worcestershire- England (UK). He has worked with/supported FOHU for a good number of years and his pioneer supported child Ronald has already completed a Diploma in a nursing course with a distinction and is slated to continue his studies for a Bachelor’s degree in Human Medicine. He also passionately supported Erick who, in July 2019 completed his teacher training course.
The readiness, willingness and success of the said children motivated Mr. Gordon to pick other seven very needy children whom he also put under his care and support via FOHU. To enable these disadvantaged children join Secondary School at Kisoro Vision S.S, he pays for them all the required functional fees and other school needs as they may be required.
Mr. Gordon has been a great cause of smile and joy to these children and FOHU is generally excited and very appreciative because of his compassionate heart. Such support goes far deep to benefit many; right from the direct recipients (Children) to the family, society and country at large.
Stewardship, a UK based Organization, is another major partner of FOHU. This CBO was accredited by Stewardship in October 2019 and since then, there has been very big support from their “Giving package” which also directly goes to the very vulnerable children to enable them continue schooling under their protective and supportive hand. We are too proud of this. Stewardship makes a fundraising for FOHU through its give.net as they inspire greater Generosity from Friends of Humanity, to make their kind and compassionate donations purposed for building the future of the children who are disadvantaged. Any one and from anywhere can also donate to FOHU through Stewardship.
Friends Of Humanity Uganda (FOHU) is therefore extremely indebted to the support received from Stewardship and its giving partners for the passionate and loving heart towards saving the children and giving a positive future for their lives and societies at large.
Therefore, anyone else be it you the reader, an organization, institution or even any other individual can reshape our society by lifting a hand of a vulnerable child and enable him/her acquire Education and skills and thus be a reason and ground to annihilate the cycle of poverty, ignorance and backwardness in our society.